Cannabidiol or CBD, as it is commonly known, is a cannabinoid found in cannabis plants. However, it is abundant in amount in the hemp plant which belongs to the Cannabis Sativa family. Hemp has around 113 cannabinoids in its parts, among which only CBD rose to fame because of its therapeutic properties.
As soon as hemp was legalized in 2018, CBD products hit the market in large numbers. As very little research was done on CBD, no one was exactly sure about its uses. But over time, anecdotal evidence from those who experienced its miracle first hand encouraged many more to try. Now, you will find supermarkets selling CBD chocolates, CBD gummies, CBD vapes, etc.
What Do You Think About Adding CBD To Your Coffee?
Coffee lovers will go to any extent to make their coffee healthier. Especially, when coffee is blamed by many to have negative effects on the body.
The benefits of adding CBD to coffee are many. Some of the people who tried consuming CBD coffee reported that they felt more focused and alert but could not exactly explain their state. As CBD and coffee are both used to stimulate a person, CBD coffee- which has both of these- will end up stimulating the person twice.
People have also said that CBD takes off the jitters that regular coffee gives them. Sleeping after having CBD coffee is easier. The calmness of CBD and the alertness of coffee are a weird yet extremely helpful combination.
How Can You Add CBD Oil To Your Coffee?
Being hydrophobic, CBD oil does not mix with water. Despite the thin possibility of mixing, here is a recipe of CBD coffee-
- 1 cup fresh coffee, preferably French pressed
- 1 teaspoon grass-fed butter
- 1 teaspoon of the sweetener you prefer (can be skipped if you want)
- ¼ cup creamer
- 15 spoons of full-spectrum hemp oil
- A few drops of peppermint oil or flavored CBD oil
- A little cinnamon for flavor/ CBD chocolate
There are no other better methods to make simple and easy CBD coffee.
- Prepare your coffee the usual way.
- Use a blender to mix coffee, butter and CBD oil.
- After they have blended completely, add cream, sweetener, and peppermint extract. Try to get peppermint-flavored CBD oil which can be used instead of peppermint extract.
- Blend it with the coffee mixture until it is frothy.
- Pour the CBD coffee into your mug and sprinkle with cinnamon/ CBD chocolate.